5.01.2011

My Striped Hallway!

Hello, hope you had a good weekend! What were you up to? I finally managed to get some things done around the house, including finishing up my hallway! For a couple of weeks now I mentioned that I was painting stripes in my boring hallway with leftover paint. I am happy to say it is now complete and ready to share with you all!


What was once a seriously drab space has now become a cheery, much more polished area. Check it out:

(Ok, so the "rug" is just a piece of fabric (wrinkled, no less...) standing in for a future rug that I have yet to find)

The paint is a combination of Benjamin Moore Light Pewter, which I have in my adjoining living/dining room, and one shade darker, Nimbus. I love the tone-on-tone contrast because it is not too jarring.


A big part of the project was to create a gallery wall of family photos, something we had wanted to do since moving in! I was debating between all black or all silver frames. In the end, I left them mixed and actually like it that way.


I am still trying to figure out what to put on either side of the "H." Any suggestions??


The other big part of the project was painting over all the trim and doors. My condo came with the trim in an off-white, creamy color. A coat of bright white was in order for a while. I cannot get over the change! The whole space feels so much brighter now. I plan on painting the rest of the trim throughout the house asap!

The stripes themselves ended up being the easiest part of the project! I used the new Scotch painters tape with Edge Lock, and had no problems with bleeding. I was pleasantly surprised to not have to deal with touch-ups.


The stripes have been a big hit with my friends! The hallway was a place I never really thought about decorating, but I am so glad I did. I am now considering striping another wall...either in my tiny entryway or maybe go bold and paint a wall in my living/dining area! We'll see...

Do you have any striped walls in your home? If not, would you consider it?

4 comments:

Arianna Belle said...

Looks great! Love the paint colors you chose!

The Sister Sophisticate said...

Oh this looks really nice! I love the muted tones!

STYLIZIMO said...

The stripes turned out great, and I love the collage you have made!
Thanks for your comment on my blog btw. I think I will keep the desk as it is for now :)
Nina x

Unknown said...

Kudos to you! I have been wanting to paint a diagonal stripe in my powder room but keep chickening out. Love the floor to ceiling gallery wall too. Looks great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails