10.03.2010

Inspired by the Parsons Desk ~ Part 1

This weekend, I finally had a chance to catch up on reading some of my magazines. I was especially inspired by House Beautiful's October issue. Specifically, I really liked the "What Would You Do" feature that asked designers how they would decorate the clean-lined Parsons Desk from West Elm

The article inspired me to create my own sets. I got pretty carried away creating these, proving that this desk truly is a very versatile blank slate. Here are 5 of my chair and lamp combinations:

A classic, tailored set

 A beachy vibe
(IKEA chair, Lamps Plus lamp, Amy Butler fabric for chair cushion)

A funky mid-century modern combination
(DWR chair and tape dispenser, Lamps Plus lamp)

 A chinoiserie-inspired selection
(Ballard Designs chair, Lamps Plus lamp, Foo Dogs via Ebay)

 A feminine vanity (another great use for this desk!)
(Wisteria chair, Layla Grace lamp and box)

I will show you 5 more combinations on Wednesday. I had so much fun creating these. If you get inspired to create a few sets of your own, let me know and we will share here!

Do you have a favorite of the sets above?

5 comments:

Jennifer Nicole said...

Wow. I LOVE that first combo. Cute blog! :)

Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

Thanks Jennifer, and welcome :)

c@decorativity said...

loving this blog too! what a great idea...outfitting a desk!

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

oooo I love the beachy vibe and the feminine vanity. Lovely! Some day I will have a parsons desk...some day!

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

ps, excited to find your lovely blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails