4.26.2010

Color Inspiration for Bedroom

I feel like I'm becoming all talk and no action. I have so much I want to get done throughout our condo, but progress has been slow. For one, another weekend went by and I didn't finish my cabinet, despite making some progress. I have plans for basically every room in my home but I am having trouble prioritizing (I want it all done now!) so as a result, not much has gotten accomplished.

One such project is my bedroom. I felt like it was finished nearly a year ago, but the room never felt cozy. I wanted to warm it up a bit but couldn't figure out what to do with it. A while back I found a great Jonathan Adler sheet set (mismatched, on clearance) that became a start to the new color scheme, but on its own it wasn't enough contrast to be effective.

Finally one day last week, I got the inspiration I needed - from a scarf and bracelet I was wearing!


Enter coral and bronze. I love how it looks against the sheet set (which you can see to the left.) I actually only have the flat sheet and two shams, so instead of using them for their intended purpose, I made throw pillows out of the shams, and the sheet will become curtains!


I love this capiz shell mirror I found at Home Goods. I think it really works with this scheme! I might even go bolder with an accent fabric (it was actually an old skirt that I can't seem to part with):


I'm still debating over this extra fabric, but in a small pillow it might be fun. This scheme may only suit me through the warm seasons, but we'll see!

I am going to try to finish the bedroom before I move on to other rooms. All I have to do is make the curtains and put a few finishing touches. So I hope to finally have a finished project soon!

4 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

it looks great, the colors work so well together and it will make the bedroom such a warm and cozy place to relax, love it!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I feel the same way about my house sometimes. I guess thinking about ideas is much more fun than getting to the work of pulling everything together!

I'm excited to see how you use the new elements in your room!

Karen said...

I love the pattern on the sheet and the pillow you made looks great. Looking forward to the finished project.

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Beautiful colours, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Related Posts with Thumbnails