10.06.2009

Mood Board - Calming Bedroom

Fall...my favorite season!I love the cozy feeling of getting wrapped around in sweaters and blankets, sipping hot chocolate, and the smell of a wood-burning fireplace. Only thing I don't like about Fall is the dreaded anticipation of cold winters...

I realized recently that this coziness is really lacking in my bedroom. When I finally started to decorate it, it was still summer, so I incorporated bright and happy colors into the neutral base I have in my bedroom. Needless to say, I'm ready to warm things up a bit.

Last winter I created the below mood board, which was inspired by the beautiful flower photo from Fieryeyed on Etsy. I never ended up going with this soft scheme because it felt a little too feminine for my husband, but coming across it again makes me want to give it another try. Maybe I can just take away the brighter accessories and incorporate some deeper browns to go along with the off-white in my bedroom. Luckily I only need to do a few tweaks to hopefully make my room feel as warm as this mood board does!


(sorry I do not have credits for the photos, as I created this before I thought anyone would see it!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails