9.14.2010

Evolution of a Home ~ Jenna Lyons

Hello! I'm sorry about my unplanned extended absense from the blog. I feel like I've been playing catch-up with a lot that's been going on over the past week, and never had a moment to focus on the blog. Hopefully this week will be better!

Anyway, I was recently flipping through a book a friend recently gave me, called Living Together: How Couples Create Design Harmony at Home, and was surprised to see JCrew's Jenna Lyons and her husband on there! The book featured their first home together, circa 2002. It was so interesting to see how different their first home was from their famous current brownstone! Take a look:

Here is a comparison of the living room:


They have definitely gone from a much more casual, rustic vibe and upped the glam factor. Same could be said for their dining room (notice they kept the paiting from the original living room):


And finally her closet, which went from having an industrial/loft feel to a dream dressing room!


I think it's great to see how people's styles evolve. I notice my own taste has changed so much in the past few years, so it's nice to see someone with such great style such as Jenna also goes through this evolution!

What do you think, do you like the new or old style better? Has your own style changed much in the past few years?

Image credits: Living Together, Domino Mag, Habitually Chic

2 comments:

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I love her!! I must say that I like the dining room before better, but her style is amazing either way :).

Karen said...

I love her updated style. When I look back on the style of my first apartment vs. now, I've definitely "grown up" style wise. I would never have considered shopping at antique shops for one-of-a-kind pieces when I was in my 20's, now I love that look.

Related Posts with Thumbnails