9.14.2011

Mood Board ~ Breakfast at Tiffany's

The other day our cable TV went out, which was a great opportunity to watch a movie. I decided to watch an old favorite, Breakfast at Tiffany's. Like most people, I love to watch it in part for the fashion, but also find myself drawn to Holly Golightly's quirky but glam home every time.

I was inspired to create a version of her living room:


Here is my interpretation of her room:


Her bathtub sofa is now a much more realistic tufted settee. Behind it is a fretwork screen reminiscent of one of the major design features of her room - that fretwork column by her kitchen. The pillows speak to her pink and purple color scheme. We still have a fun zebra rug to add that glam factor, as well as a gold chandelier that pulls from the gold fixtures on her "bathtub." A couple of vintage suitcases could work as a coffee table, or as Holly did, to store the phone... 

What do you think? Anything else you would add to the board?

All other items, vintage, images found on Google images

3 comments:

Arianna Belle said...

Great mood board! I haven't actually watched this movie in its entirety. Must watch it next time I get the chance!

ericakelly2 said...

Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite movies. I love the effortless glam of Holly Golightly - hello, her mailbox has a mirror in it for lipstick application as she runs out the door. Your mood board is spot on. I love how you put your own spin on many of the elements of Holly's living room. I want the white settee!

Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

Thanks girls, so glad you like it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails