2.14.2010

The Evolution of a Home - the Kitchen Nook

This week I wanted to introduce a new series! As I continue to make (or at least think about making) new purchases for my condo, I've been thinking a lot about what items will truly stand the test of time. Because I live in a small place, I know there is a good chance I will want larger scale items for my next home. Instead of buying pieces that I'll just need to replace, I want to make purchases that will have new uses next time around. So, this series will take you through 10 rooms in my "imaginary future home" re-purposing items I currently own.

First up, the kitchen eating area. I dream of having a sunny kitchen nook for our everyday meals. When purchasing my dining table, I decided on the IKEA Docksta table with this future room in mind. The table goes with my current modern design and fits perfectly with the scale of the room. But here is how I imagine using it in the future:   

I would love to combine it with four Bertoia side chairs and bright yellow accessories such as this striped rug, a fun printed lamp, and pot holders that bring in some green to the kitchen area. 

I hope you'll enjoy the series! What about you, have you made any specific purchases that you know you'll have to re-purpose later?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails