1.11.2010

The One That Got Away

Good morning. I hope you had a good weekend. I managed to make it to the DC Big Flea. I'm glad I went, it was fun digging through all of the antique decorations, jewelry and furniture. I managed to walk away without buying anything except a book for my dad. There was a set of coffee and side tables that I did love, but sadly it was sold shortly after I found it... it was a cross between the noguchi table (the legs):
 

And this table (the shape of the top):



It would have looked great in our living room! I unfortunately couldn't find the exact table online, which is too bad because it means it will be tough to find the same table again. I guess it wasn't meant to be!

To make me feel better, I went on a quick trip to Homegoods (which to me feels like a flea market, in the sense that you never know what you'll score as you run down the aisles!) I walked away with a vase that reminds me of the filigree urns I've been eyeing forever, though without the lid:



I'm a happy girl! Hope you have a good week!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails