1.21.2010

From the Inspiration Files

I can't believe the week is almost over already. I apologize for my lack of posts. I have some post ideas in my head and didn't have any time this week to make them happen... I actually start my Interior Design certificate class again on Monday, so I worry that I'll have even less time in the next few weeks. But I promise to post as much as I can about my class and anything else that inspires me.

I thought I'd share an image that I've had in my inspiration folder for quite a while. It is actually from a Room & Board catalog. As you probably know by now, I'm very inspired by small spaces. The image below I like not only because they used one of my all-time favorite chairs, but I also love the solution to add some color/pattern to a brick wall. I long to have a brick wall in my living room - instant character!



This is the other side of the space. I would have liked to see more color on the pillows but I do like those curtains, the picture ledge (so you can change artwork in an instant), and the use of ottomans as tables to increase seating for entertaining. I also like the potted flowers at the window sill - it creates such a cozy corner. I'd love to sit there and just stare out the window and dream...


(sorry about that crease...)

This weekend I'm finally meeting with my client, so I will let you know how that goes. I also hope to be able to post some of what I'm doing for her. Meet you back here next week!

1 comment:

Dolores said...

I agree with your take the pillows; needs more oomph! Good luck with your client this weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails