7.09.2009

Mood Board - Neutral Chic

I love creating mood boards. I have so many design ideas that float in my head but not enough rooms or money to actually be able to make them happen, so a mood board is a fun way to decorate in your dreams.

Inspiration can come from anywhere, not just from other interiors you see in magazines, blogs or books. Yesterday I was inspired by my outfit. It was very simple yet felt elegant. I wore a combination of grey, white, cream and gold, with pieces that were classic yet modern. I thought that would be a perfect formula for an elegant, soothing living room.

When creating moood boards, you never know where they really will end up. Even when you start with a very focused idea, just one object can start to change your direction. Such is the case with the mood board below. When looking for rugs, I was reminded of one of my favorite rugs. Yellow was not in the original scheme but I love how it well it goes with the gray and ivory. Here is my final "dream" room:


I'm pretty happy with the result! Now if only I could buy all new furniture for my living room...

Sources:
Rug: The Rug Company
Sofa and Side Table: Crate & Barrel
Artwork: Elizabeth Schuppe - love her work
Pillows:
Pieces, Inc.
Vase: Z Gallerie
Lamp: Amazon (no longer available)
Mirror: Pottery Barn

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails