7.21.2010

Color Series ~ Charcoal & Peachy Pink

Our latest color to explore different combinations with is charcoal. Today, I am mixing it with a soft peachy-pink!

This has to be one of my favorite color schemes. While this combination leans on the feminine side, I love that the gray helps to toughen the pink. Take a look at some examples:


Wish Magazine


I decided to keep the feminine vibe going for this week's moodboard. What do you think?


Moodboard sources:
Sofa - West Elm
Bookcase - Ikea
Sconces - West Elm
Coffee Table - CB2
Gray Pillow - Clayton Gray Home
Throw/Scarf - Scarf World 
Floor Lamp - Oly
Vases - Wisteria

10 comments:

ashlina {the decorista} said...

so gorgeous! i love it.

Anonymous said...

such a pretty and elegant color scheme!

Karen said...

I like the soft pink with the gray so much more than the old combination of mauve and gray so popular in the late '80's.

Katie (Re:fresh Design Studio) said...

I really love this combo. It's sophisticated enough for an adult room, but would also look so cute in a nursery!

Anonymous said...

Did you find those candle sconces recently at West Elm? I can't seem to find them and I am in need of some candle sconces just like these!

Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

They are one of the new items at West Elm, so I am not sure if they are in stores yet. I found them online, here: http://www.westelm.com/products/shimmer-mirror-sconce-a838/?pkey=ccandles-candleholders

Hope you are able to get them!

Anonymous said...

Pretty combo! I'm doing a charcoal gray bedroom and think that pinky peach would pull in the marble veining in our master bath!

Arianna Belle said...

Great color combo! I love the room you put together! Especially loving the pillows you chose :)

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I love this combo... super dreamy! Also, I'm loving the girly vibe of the moodboards (I'm not allowed to be too girly in the house, but I'm getting ideas for my office space!).

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

So soft and soothing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails