6.20.2011

Dark, Moody Bedrooms

Last week I was talking to a co-worker about paint colors. She happens to have a north-facing bedroom, just like I do. Despite having done some decorating odds and ends to my bedroom, I find it keeps falling completely flat. That's exactly what she said to her once all-white room. In a room with little sunlight it just doesn't work - it ends up looking dingy no matter what you do.

Hers is now painted a beautiful deep taupe, and she is completely in love with her room. She says it's so warm and cozy, so conducive to sleep. It got me thinking of painting my room a nice chocolate brown. Only thing is I am a bit afraid of dark paint colors! To help convince myself, I've been searching for images of dark, beautiful bedrooms.



 
 unknown





I may go a little lighter like the last photo (above) but either way I think it will warm up the room and provide some much-needed contrast. I still have a huge to-do list for my home though, so it will be some time before I see what this room will become...or if I can actually go through with it!


Do you have a dark room in your home? How do you feel in it?

4 comments:

Arianna Belle said...

You should definitely go for it! If all you use your bedroom for is sleeping, it doesn't need to be light and bright. My bedroom was dark navy and I absolutely loved it -definitely condusive to sleeping :) Lovin' the first and second to last photo!

Adriana Candida Carneiro said...

I loved your blog
there are so much inspiration here

visit my space too and if you like don't be shy, be there... xxx

Karen said...

I have dark chocolate brown walls in my great room and black walls in my dining room. What I think makes them work is that I have lots or white trim, a white sofa and white accessories in the great room and white wainscotting in the dining room. It balances the dark wall color. In the rooms you showed the bedding was usually light and that made the rooms work well. I especially love that first image.

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

That first bedroom is stunning!! All of the brown contrasting with the white is totally making my heart swoon! ;)

We just found your blog via locationcentral.blogspot & we're now following. We are fellow Virginia bloggers & we'd love for you to visit our blog when you need to catch up on all things girlie! We'll be visiting you again for our home decor inspiration "fix!"

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails